Friday, February 14, 2014

Ellen Page Annouces She's Gay


Wow, I never saw that one coming.. lol.

Well, it may not be the 'shocker of the century', but beloved Canadian actor Ellen Page (from my hometown Halifax) has just officially come out of the closet. Page recently attended a Las Vegas LGBT youth convention and stated,

"I’m here today because I am gay, And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility."

Ellen goes on to encourage others  by speaking about her own struggles,

"I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered. And I’m standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that"


We love you Ellen.. whether Gay, Straight... or whatever the other letters in LGBT mean ;p

Ciao,
Bootsy

2 comments:

  1. Good for Ellen! It's hard to believe that in this day that people have to be suffer like Ellen hiding in the shadows of fear. Some people are truly monsters with their self righteous discriminations. As if they have any right to judge and determine something as an individual sexual preference. First of all it's none of their business and second, third and a list of infinity of other reasons. I say we turn the light on those who are throwing stones, lets take a look into their personal lives and make personal determinations about what we approve or disapprove. I certainly understand a moral compass for society and the need for social acceptance to have a successful community to work together within and create a cohesive environment. I long for such a place to live, where peace and harmony rule with love. We have issues that should illicit community disapproval and subject community discrimination but too often people turn a bling eye. But that is another subject. I am sorry for all the individuals who suffer because of a society that doesn't have compassion and understanding.
    God Bless you! And yes God does love us ALL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still sometimes surprised that it is still such a difficult thing for actors - and I am shocked by the horrific things I read/hear about 'everyday people'. I sometimes think we are gaining ground with tolerance and then realize that may be only because I hang out with tolerant and compassionate people. Well, I hope my circle continues to grow.

    ReplyDelete