Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kingston's "unofficial" Dog Park: Nature at it's Best!


 

I am so blessed with living in this beautiful area that is Kingston, Ontario. The small city is located on the shores of Lake Ontario at the opening of the St. Lawrence River and is speckled with plenty of greenery and wildlife. One of the things I most enjoy in my daily routine is taking my dogs out for a hike. In the beginning, the chore of 'daily walks' seemed more of a hindrance than a delight however now it's become one of the highlights of my day.


Within a five minute drive from our house is a huge, outdoor area (approximately 100 acres) that has a multitude of landscapes including a large forest, open fields, a wide creek, brooks, and a small waterfall. It is essentially private land that the owners allow use of as an 'off leash' dog park. There are a myriad of hiking trails and paths that have varying lengths and intensities. Some hiking trails are an easy 10-15mins, and other ones are more 'rigorous' and can take up to an hour. The area is open all year round and the changing scenery from season to season is breathtaking.






I enjoy the exercise and the quiet solitude of nature. More and more as I get older I find the bustling and rushing crowds at malls, grocery stores, and hoards of people in general, so adverse. I'm more often seeking the solace and peace in nature and hiking with my dogs. There's no conversation to carry on, there are no social graces to remember, no traffic, no noise... just the calm, stillness of the woods... and the sound of little doggy paws scampering down the trail.



Cheers,
Bootsy

No comments:

Post a Comment