Thursday, August 21, 2014

TBT: Duck Road Memories


Here's a throw back Thursday pic all the way from 1987! We lived on Duck Road (that's seriously the name of the Road) in Hammond's Plains, Nova Scotia. My cat 'DewShine' (named after my Elf Quest character created with the assistance of my 'Elf Quest' crazed older sister) just had a litter of kittens and I was so happy playing with them all the time. I assure you I'm not strangling the cat... well, not too much anyway. Also, another interesting tidbit here, that's my skirt around my neck. So essentially I'm standing there 'sans-pants'... which may be why the cat looks so terrified.  I think as a family we were pretty on trend with house decor for the late eighties: Leather/plaid couch, Asian floral wall-mat, and faux-wood paneled walls.

One of my favorite memories from living here was the time my Step-Dad passed out drunk in the back seat of our car. It was mid morning, and all the car doors were open because I guess he threw up on the floor of the car and my mom had cleaned it up and left it open to 'air dry'. So he was just laying there passed out across the back seat and apparently I thought it would be a good idea to bring the neighborhood kids around to have a look at him. There wasn't much going on in those days, so this was pretty interesting stuff. I remember standing with a group of little kids outside the car staring at my passed out step dad and poking him from time to time. My mom eventually noticed what was going on and ran from the house yelling, "Stay away from the car!" Good times!

Cheers,
Bootsy

No comments:

Post a Comment